CHICAGO ATTORNEY FOR EMPLOYMENT-BASED PERMANENT RESIDENCY
At The Fisher Legal Group, we have thousands of successful cases where we have assisted immigrants with a variety of issues, including obtaining a visa and pursuing a green card for work-based residency in the U.S. If you are in need of effective legal counsel for your work-based permanent visa application, we are here to help.
Tell us your immigration goals, and we’ll tell you how we can help. Call us for a complimentary consult today.
CATEGORIES OF VISA WORKERS
There are five categories of preference classifications for permanent worker visas. Employers can therefore file the respective petitions to allow their foreign employees to enter the country to work, travel, and even allow them to apply for green cards in the future. These categories are typically organized by the type of work experience, skills, and education that these eligible foreign citizens have.
The categories of permanent worker visas include:
- First Preference EB-1: First-preference classifications are for individuals who have shown that they have extraordinary abilities in athletics, science, art, business, education, professors, and researchers who have outstanding accomplishments.
- Second Preference EB-2: Second-preference classifications are for individuals who have advanced degrees and exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.
- Third Preference EB-3: Third-preference classifications are given to professionals and skilled workers who have two or more years of job experience or training, as well as a baccalaureate degree or the foreign equivalent.
- Fourth Preference EB-4: Fourth-preference classifications are available for individuals categorized as “special immigrants,” which includes religious workers, members of the press, and retired international organization employees.
- Fifth Preference EB-5: Fifth-preference classifications are reserved for individuals who are high-profile business investors. Applicants must invest $1 million or $500,000 in a new business which employs at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT-BASED PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN THE U.S.?
There are five types, or “preferences,” of employment-based immigration: EB-1 through EB-5. Each preference is categorized by the qualifications of the employee. First preference visas, for example, are for people with extraordinary abilities. Specifically, the USCIS states that “outstanding professors and researchers” or “multinational executives / managers” qualify for this type of visa.
Third preference employment visas (EB-3) are one of the most common and apply to skilled workers, professionals, and “other workers.” According to the USCIS, a skilled workers is someone with at least two years of training or experience, while “other workers” are generally unskilled laborers. A “professional” is someone with a degree in his / her profession.
REPRESENTATION RELIED ON BY THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS: DIAL (312) 971-5760
We would be pleased to offer you a free consultation with one of our Chicago immigration attorneys to discuss your application and how we can assist you with the process. Thousands of clients have trusted us to provide effective and supportive immigration services.
Please call our team today at (312) 971-5760 to make an appointment!
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (312) 971-5760